If you are looking for a car, consider having sliding rear doors to it.
Want to know why below mentioned are some features of cars that you may be missing?
- Sliding doors make it easy for you and your children or old parents, and even if you want someone to have that special feeling of being a celebrity, these doors provide easy entry and exit to passengers as they slide up smoothly and provide a broad opening.
- Sliding doors application is very practical especially for a family person as they provide an ideal driving position with visibility all around.
- Even it saves you from being stuck inside a car while waiting to open the door on busy streets as it slides away without concerning others.
Now, you may be in delusion about various facts like the price of the car, brands that offer these cars, and other facts related to these cars, that’s why we are here to give you details and a list of some finest cars with sliding doors to save your hard work behind it.
9 of the Best Cars With Sliding Doors
- Volkswagen Multivan
- Volkswagen ID Buzz
- Citroen e-SpaceTourer
- Citroen Berlingo
- Peugeot Rifter
- Seat Alhambra
- Mercedes V-Class
- Ford Tourneo Connect
- Ford B-Max
Being in such a desirable position these cars with special sliding doors are a bit more priced than others so you must choose the best.
Sliding doors are fancy and great, but nothing is flawless in this world and these doors are heavy and noisy while opening and closing because of their structure and the benefit of sliding.
Also See: Best Cars with Ventilated Seats
Hence, it’s a better option to choose such a car so that you don’t have to waste your energy on a door. That’s why Volkswagen Multivan is built for you check below-
#1. Volkswagen Multivan
A car with a sliding door is better, but if it’s electric it becomes better, that’s why Volkswagen Multivan is best.
Being one of the most significant, it replaced Caravelle MPV’s name and became a standalone transporter which is a 7 seater, it comes with features like being fully electric, smooth but powerful design, a range of advanced features, being spacious inside, and many more.
Some of its specific features are
- It comes with a 134bhp 1.5-liter petrol engine, 148bhp 2.0-liter diesel, or a plug-in hybrid pairing a 1.4-liter petrol engine with a 10kWh battery for producing 215bhp.
- It has an all-electric range of 30 miles to reduce short-trip expenses.
But, having so many qualities increase the quantity of money and make it expensive, but it is worthwhile as it takes care of you by providing entirely removable 5 rear seats, a second row, which can be turned around, a new multifunction steering wheel, a 10.25-inch digital instrument display, and much more just for you.
#2. Volkswagen ID Buzz
Instead of being all modern, Volkswagen ID Buzz takes you on a trip to the 1960s which looks like a Volkswagen Minibus. Instead of its nostalgic body, it is well equipped with all modern features.
It is 7 seater, electric van that comes with a clear, iconic, and powerful style and is featured with-
- A 77-kWh battery integrated into the floor
- Rear-wheel drive train
- 201 horsepower electric motor to produce a maximum torque of 229 lb-ft
- The electric range of 260 miles.
It is an ideal vehicle for city driving as at DC stations it can pull 170kw to charge 5% to 80% in just 30 min and can charge via ‘plug and charge’ and allows automatic billing and charge, it has new driver’s assist system and software 3.2 as vehicles navigation system which makes it fully packaged deal for you.
#3. Citroen e-SpaceTourer
A commercial vehicle turned into a people carrier, Citroen e-Space Tourer is a family-friendly MPV that provides large space with sliding seats that are adjustable to manage your leg-room and can accommodate 9 people in it which makes it affordable. Though in January 2022 diesel engine was discontinued and only electric models are available with features-
- A 134bhp motor with a 50 kWh battery provides a range of 136 miles
- A 7.4kW home wall box (0 to 100% in 7.5 hours) and an 11kW workplace wall box (0 to 100% in around five hours)
- A public rapid charger (up to 100kW), will give you an 80% charge in around half an hour.
For safety purposes, it has emergency city braking, lane-keeping assist, and speed limit recognition. A sleek design with a sense of practicality makes it a great product but it has an average infotainment system.
#4. Citroen Berlingo
When it comes to an affordable and practical car with sliding doors Citroen Berlingo comes to mind, it is your right choice if you are looking for more affordable and less stylish but still, its background is great and even the front is detailed with two-tier front lights, alloy wheels, and air bump side detailing with eight color choice for you. two models of Berlingo are available as 5-7 seater with features-
- A 50 kWh battery with a range of 174 miles
- A 30 min charge can fill up the battery from 10% to 80%
- Its M version provides 775lt boot space and in the XL version it increases to 1050 lt
- Its sliding rear doors give great rear access
Berlingo includes DAB radio, Bluetooth and Apple CarPlay, and Android Auto as standard generous and it is hugely spaced and lowly priced but still, it comes with slow-entry diesel and an average infotainment system.
#5. Peugeot Rifter
Energy usage in cars is also a big point but, Peugeot Rifter is something that comes with an economical engine, huge passenger and boot space, and a rear sliding door. It gives more space for less money and is likely Citroen Berlingo in design too and is the perfect family car with features-
- A small steering wheel, Peugeot’s i-Cockpit’s instrumentation
- Properly placed touchscreen to easily use while driving
- Same battery features as in Citroen Berlingo
Its large room in front makes it easier for drivers and the same for passengers. It is more designer than Berlingo but the interior is filled with lots of plastic and still a bit more expensive than Berlingo.
#6. Seat Alhambra
A seven-seater spacious car is Seat Alhambra which enjoyed a 10-year production run that specifies a lot. It has flexible seats with great space and yet is cheaper so it competes with expensive ones with features-
- It has two generations launch with both petrol/diesel engine
- Its new infotainment system is nice and easy to use
- Its rear sliding doors come with top trim levels electrically operated.
- 267 lt space even with all seats up
It gives confidence and reassurance as part of its rides, keeps wind noise and tire noise at a minimum, and all models are economical but still dull on the inside and expensive from some of its sister models.
#7. Mercedes V-Class
Being spacious matters, but looks matter too Mercedes V-class comes with space for eight, and luxury design even interiors are greatly designed like plushy seats, soft plastic dashboards, and a color infotainment system. Some new features are-
- Its 2.1-liter diesel engine has been changed with a smoother 2.0-liter
- A faster V 300 d version is there for faster performance
- An all-electric version, which uses a 100kWh battery pack
- Boot capacity -610lt
It lowers running costs and its nine-speed automatic gearbox are great parts that add up to its expense. It is even loud while starting and the seats are heavy to move around.
#8. Ford Tourneo Connect
Affordable to buy and 7-seater roomy inside explains the base of Ford Tourneo Connect. It looks like a minibus with practically able to carry 9 people and has seats that can be rotated or removed which makes it more versatile. not fully electric but,
- It comes with a range of 2.0 lt engines with or without hybrid electric power
- Plugin hybrid option said to be capable of 33 miles range
- Leather-trimmed steering wheel and auto headlights
- Boot capacity -269lt
Its tall rear sliding door makes it a party product and automatic emergency braking and lane-keeping assist make it a security product, but it lacks as it has no electric model less comfortable than alternatives.
#9. Ford B-Max
Only used are remaining still Ford B-Max is fun and easily affordable for a small car comes with low running costs and is spacious in comparison with its style. it is practical with-
- Steering wheel and seats with a large range of adjustments
- Studio with a radio/CD including DAB and USB input
- Big sliding doors and 1.6lt Duratec engine
- Boot capacity-318lt
The B-Max is available with the new 1.0 liter three-cylinder engine of the Ford EcoBoost family and intelligent protection system but has an unsuitable firm ride and less design.
FAQs About Cars With Sliding Doors
Does Ford C Max have sliding doors?
Ford C-Max is a 7 seater and 5 door MVP design (with sliding doors) car by the Ford company from 2003-2019.
Does Kia Carnival have sliding doors?
Kia Carnival is an SUV with a sliding door 7-8 seater MPV design car.
What are the disadvantages of sliding doors?
They require a lot of cleaning as if the track will become sticky or stiff, opening the door will become hard.
Do sliding doors break easily?
Sliding doors can become unlatched on accident or heavy drift drives.
Sliding-door cars are great as they are spacious, roomy, and also easy for loading and unloading, in an area with heavy traffic or parking they are a great choice but they add a lot to car expenses and their maintenance is also problematic as a problem in the track can make you unable or very hard to open these doors like every other thing these doors also have their pros and cons.